Waves - General Information
- Electromagnetic Spectrum
- Basic explanation of the Electromagnetic Spectrum.
- American Astronomical Society Home Page
- Home page for the American Astronomical Society.
ICRR Home Page
- Home Page from the Institute for Cosmic Ray Research of the University of Tokyo.
- EMF-Link Home Page
- A Biomedical Science and Engineering Clearinghouse on Electric and Magnetic Fields (EMF).
- BLASTING THE PAST
- Finding Dinosaurs Remains With Waves
- Nuclear Weapons Page
- Information on nuclear weapons, from Finland.
- U.WI. Physics Demonstrations Home Page
- Physics Department Lecture Demonstrations Home Page from the University of Wisconsin at Madison.
- New Observations and Discoveries
- New astrophysics discoveries at NASA.
- NASA Dryden WWW Home Page
from NASA Dryden Flight Research Center.
- MR Electromagnetic Compatibility Laboratory
- Information on the Electromagnetic Compatibility Lab at the University of Missouri-Rolla.
- Spectral Libraries
- Spectral libraries of pure compounds.
- TAMU Electromagnetics and Microwaves Group
- Home page for the Electromagnetics and Microwaves Group at Texas A&M.
- General Types
- Basic information on Gamma Rays, from the Department of Energy.
- NASA Conducts Sonic Boom Tests with SR-71
- Information on Sonic Boom tests conducted by NASA.
- Sonic Booms Fact Sheet
- Basic information on Sonic Booms.
- How Ultrasound Waves are used on broken bones.
41. DIAGNOSTIC ULTRASOUND IMAGING IN PREGNANCY
- Using Ultrasound to detect birth defects
- Sonic Foundry: Overview of Digital Sound
- Overview of digital sounds
- The importance of waves in signal processing
- Preserving Sound
- The ways we record sounds
- What is ultrasound?
- Description of ultrasound
Radio Waves and Microwaves
- Biological Effects of Radiowaves and Microwaves
- Research topics of microwaves
- Different topics related to microwaves
- Infrared Space Observatory Home Page
Laser Programs Home Page
- 'This page describes research in inertial confinement fusion, quantum
electronics, laser-matter interactions, and materials processing.'
- Vacuum Ultra
Violet Laser, broadly tunable, highly efficient
- This page describes the part of the electromagnetic spectrum just beyond the far Ultra-Violet
- This describes how the Research Division in Concord, Massachusetts carries out a wide
range of activities in the field of solid state lasers.
- LFI: How Lasers Work
- How Lasers work and why they're useful
Ultraviolet Light-The basics
- Basic explanation. Also includes some dangers associated with UV light.
Ultraviolet Light - NASA
- Basic explanation of UV light.
- Stratospheric Ozone Depletion - Canada
- Holes in the Ozone Layer and how UV rays can come through them, causing damage.
- Ultraviolet Light
X-rays and Gamma Rays
- What the IMIX is and what it does.
Overview of Solar Flares
- APOD: June 24, 1995 - Gamma Ray Crab, Geminga
- Generating X-Rays with Receiving Tubes
- How receiving tubes are used in x-ray production
- AltaVista: Simple Query Xray astrophysics branch
- Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen - Discovered x-rays on November 8, 1895
- Gamma Rays and Solar System Formation?
- X-Ray, Ultraviolet, and Surface Physics
- A discussion of soft x-rays. They are photons in the energy range of about 150-1600 eV
- GLAST: The Gamma Ray Large Area Space Telescope
- (GLAST) - a proposed telescope for the future.